Dans les limbes
(English title: In Limbo),
a film by Antoine Viviani
(85 min - 2015)
- cliquer sur CC dans le player pour afficher les sous-titres français -
1. Lit. In a netherworld, neither heaven nor hell.
2. Fig. Abandoned, forgotten, on hold.
3. Computer Science. Said of data erased from a system, but not yet deleted from its storage media.
What if the Internet could dream of itself?
Dans les Limbes is an inner journey into the Internet, as if there was nothing left but the planetary network, dreaming of itself. It is a philosophical tale narrated by Nancy Huston, who wakes up in the limbo of our global interconnected memory, and meets its strange life, inhabitants, pioneers (Google CEO or Internet founding fathers, like Ray Kurzweil, Gordon Bell, Brewster Kahle, Laurie Frick, Cathal Gurrin, etc).
While drifting into this giant memory, exploring its dreams and fears, she starts chasing the essence of nostalgia. Are we building a new cathedral, for a new civilization, or the biggest cemetery of our history?
- international competition at Copenhagen - CPH:DOX 2015 - world premiere nov. 15
- international competition at Amsterdam - IDFA 2015 - dutch premiere dec. 15
- International competition - E tudo Verdade / It's all true Film Festival Brasil 2016
- International competition - Millenium Docs Against Gravity - Poland 2016
- Harvard - Film Study Center / Sensory Ethnographic Lab - Cambridge 2016 (private screening)
- International competition - Moscow International Film Festival - 2016
- International competition - Millenium Docs Festival - Brussels 2016
- Mapping Film Festival - Geneva 2016 - International selection
- Urban Nomad Film Festival - Taiwan 2016
- Best emergent filmmaker - Open City London Docs Festival - 2016
- Cine Performa, Red Bull Station - Sao Paulo, Brasil - 2016
- Cinema Bellevaux - Lausanne, Switzerland - 2016
PRESS KITS - POSTER
Produced by Providences / Arte France / National Film Board of Canda
Supported by the CNC and the Media Programme of the European Union
Original title: Dans les limbes - Also known as: In Limbo (International title)
Runtime: 85 min
Format: Color, HD
Distribution: Grasshopper Film for North America
Produced, written and directed by Antoine Viviani
Written with Jérémy André, Alain Damasio, Léa Todorov, Bojina Ponayatova
Voice over: Nancy Huston
Featuring: Gordon Bell, Cathal Gurrin, Raymond Kurzweil, Kevin Warwick, Paul Miller, Laurie Frieck, Liesl Capper, George Dyson
Editing: Pierre-Alain Giraud, Lucas Archambault
Sound editing and sound mixing: Raphael Hénard, Pierre Bariaud